FLU CAMPAIGN 2018
This year there is a different flu vaccine for those aged 65+. Due to exceptional global demand for the new vaccine and the delivery dates that we been allocated for this, we are having to plan our flu campaign differently this year.
We are starting with those aged 75 plus and those ‘at risk’ under 65. If you are between the ages of 65 to 74 we will contact you when we receive further vaccines which we expect in November.
For those patients aged 75 plus and under 65 in an ‘at risk’ group who are registered at Beccles Medical Centre we are offering a WALK-IN SERVICE every weekday between 8am and 5.30pm with one of our Practice Nurses …. just give your name to reception, take a seat and wait to be called
For those who are eligible for a Shingles vaccination this can be given at the same time
Flu Immunisation is available to anyone age 65 or over and to those patients in an ‘at risk’ group:-
- respiratory diseases causing breathing problems [asthma, COPD, chronic bronchitis]
- patients with a weakened immune system
- patients in long stay residential homes
- carers for an elderly or disabled person
If you are unsure whether you are entitled to a flu vaccination, please ask at reception.
If you are eligible for a flu vaccine but do not wish to have one this season, please inform the surgery by one of the following methods:
- Telephone reception on: 01502 712662
- Email the practice at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text the practice on: 07519 376578
Please include your name, date of birth and address in your message. We will then update your medical record so that you are not contacted about this during the 2018 flu campaign.