Repeat prescriptions will normally be available for collection from the surgery two working days after the request is received. Please note that collection of your medication from a pharmacy is not within this time frame so please re-order your medication in good time so that you do not run out. We do not accept prescription requests over the phone as it is unsafe.
Medication on repeat prescription can be requested in the following ways:
- Online - please see section on Internet Access on how to register.
- By fax - please write your medication request clearly and remember to include your name, address and DOB. Fax this to us on 01502 712906.
- By post - please tick the relevant boxes on your repeat slip attached to your previous prescription. Alternatively write your medication request clearly and remember to include your name, address and DOB. Please include a stamped addressed envelope if you require your prescription to be posted to you.
- In person - please tick the relevant boxes on your repeat slip attached to your previous prescription. Alternatively write your request on one of our request forms and put in the box at reception.
- Pharmacies - you may leave your request at Boots in Beccles, Worlingham Pharmacy, Tesco Pharmacy or in the Health Centre Pharmacy if this is more convenient for you and your prescription will be returned to the pharmacy we received it from.
Please note that if you have seen a hospital specialist and they have recommended a course of treatment this will not be actioned until your doctor has received a letter from the hospital specialist. If the hospital specialist deems that you need to start a medication immediately the specialist will provide you with a prescription at your outpatient appointment.